A Week Wiser

This week I have learnt

• The Good World restaurant in Lower Hutt doesn’t do yum char so well. We’ll stick to The Regal in town.
  • Making marshmallows is a very sticky business. Glad the hubby took that challenge on. Yummy result though.
  • Buying prepacked fruit can be a let down. First it was kiwifruit in those 10 packs. They turned out bruised and icky. Now an 8-pack of nectarines. Same problem. Half were bruised to the point the flesh was all brown instead of bright yellow, and they tasted funny. Sounds cheap to start with but you end up throwing most of it out :[
  • Mothers who refuse to breast feed because “it’s uncomfortable” frustrate me. It’s like people who don’t wear seatbelts for that same reason (and I’m ashamed that there are members of my extended family that still think this). There’s a bigger picture here people!
  • Mother nature can do a lot of damage in one week. My thoughts are with those people caught up in the earthquakes, tsunami and typhoons.
Share Button

9 thoughts on “A Week Wiser

1. Aw, Lower Hutt.. precious memories! :D Hahaha I grew up there before moving to Australia, and my FAVOURITE Chinese restaurant used to be The Jade Flower, have you been there? :) So yummy. Also, homemade marshmallows sound delicious!

Chickie Little

Might have to try The Jade Flower one day.
    We were on our way visiting rellies, and dropped by Lower Hutt for lunch. I don’t actually live there *whew*. HEHE :)

2. Do they mean uncomfortable or painful? I agree with uncomfortable, but can understand why some woman get to the point where it is just too painful – wait til you get cracked nipples – Ouch!!!!!

Chickie Little

Yeah I guess I won’t know until I do it for myself. But that’s how people had to feed their babies before formula was invented (I’m going to do both, so I have the flexibility if needed).

I can’t wait until I have to rub milk onto my cracked nipples… yay…

I think they mean uncomfortable. The same person also said she didn’t believe she could deliver naturally so she opted for a caesarian, both times. It’s a shame not to even try.

3. Very true, you don’t know what your body can do until you give it a chance.
    Are you going to try expressing? I recommend starting with that and introducing formula once your milk supply is fairly settled. I am sure you will be a fantastic milk machine!!!!

Chickie Little

Yep I’ll try expressing and see how it goes. Hopefully I’ll have a good supply but I have no idea! Like everything else!

4. mother earth is pissed that we’ve fucked her over. i seriously belive that.

i was talking about breastfeeding with my stepmum yesterday! i dont get why you WOULDN’T want to do it? its such a beautiful, natural, bonding experience. i mean, i get it if you physically can’t but choosing not to? at all? odd.