This week I have learnt
- The Good World restaurant in Lower Hutt doesn’t do yum char so well. We’ll stick to The Regal in town.
- Making marshmallows is a very sticky business. Glad the hubby took that challenge on. Yummy result though.
- Buying prepacked fruit can be a let down. First it was kiwifruit in those 10 packs. They turned out bruised and icky. Now an 8-pack of nectarines. Same problem. Half were bruised to the point the flesh was all brown instead of bright yellow, and they tasted funny. Sounds cheap to start with but you end up throwing most of it out :[
- Mothers who refuse to breast feed because “it’s uncomfortable” frustrate me. It’s like people who don’t wear seatbelts for that same reason (and I’m ashamed that there are members of my extended family that still think this). There’s a bigger picture here people!
- Mother nature can do a lot of damage in one week. My thoughts are with those people caught up in the earthquakes, tsunami and typhoons.