I have learnt this week:
- It’s ridiculous driving when you’re 33 weeks pregnant and only 5 ft tall…
- The Lindale Centre does smell funny when you visit on a sunny day
- Kapiti Cumin Gouda cheese is yum yum
- You must be patient waiting for white chocolate ganache too cool down. Unlike dark chocolate ganache, a cold water bath doesn’t help but instead splits the ganache. You then have to warm it up again and you’ve taken two steps backwards . However it’s all worth it and I discovered that white chocolate mudcake with Baileys and Malteser filling, and a white chocolate ganache frosting is delicious!
- Pomegranate juice isn’t as nice as I thought it would be
- There is a new sushi place in Woodward Street that is apparently better than Midland Sushi. I must determine this for myself – after baby is born. In the meantime I’ll have to settle for homemade.