French Toast with Banana and Bacon
The best thing about weekends apart from bumming around, is having the time for brunch.
French toast with bacon and banana is one of my favourite brunch dishes (or alternatively I will also devour pancakes in the same way). The great thing is that it’s so easy to make! I’m sure many of you don’t need instructions but just in case…
French toast with banana and bacon
- 1 french stick (only need about half of the loaf for two people)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C milk, or more if needed
- Bacon rashers
- Butter for frying
- 2 bananas, cut in half length wise (or sliced as you please)
- Cut the french stick into diagonal slices. I usually have 3 or 4 slices for each person.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium sized bowl.
- Dip each bread slice into the egg mixture to coat both sides.
- Lift each slice out and place into a large dish.
- Pour over any remaining egg and milk onto the soaked bread. It’s best if you can leave the bread for a few minutes to soak properly.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan, and keep cooked bacon warm in the oven.
- Wipe the pan down to get rid of any burnt on bacon bits.
- Melt some butter in the pan and fry the bread until golden on both sides. If you need to do two batches, keep the first one warm in the oven with the bacon.
- Serve the toast topped with sliced banana and bacon, and drizzled with maple syrup.
Bring on the weekend!!