Baby Update at 36 Weeks

This 36th week has been horrendously uncomfortable.

During the day, baby sometimes stretches into certain areas that makes walking almost painful, and sitting down very uncomfortable. My pelvic joints really ache after sitting or lying down too.

In bed, I’ve had nights where baby will just not stop moving, and her legs keep stretching up and winding me. Getting up not only to pee but so I can breathe normally is becoming a regular thing, along with having a banana at about 3am to tie me over until breakfast.

I suspect that she is dropping, as I managed to have a good night’s sleep without being winded last night.

I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather, like I’m coming down with a cold. I hope it doesn’t develop into anything to worry about it. Being sick is the last thing I need in these last few weeks! I suffer enough from the occasional sneeze.

From tomorrow I’ll be in my 37th week, and considered full term! (Though it depends on who you ask as others say it’s 38 weeks, but I’ll take the less of the two.) From what I’ve read, a baby born at 37 weeks will have all she needs to survive without much, if any, help. I’ll give her another week and then I’ll start badgering her to come out already.

The hubby is on instruction to keep sober in case I go into labour. Too bad there’s the brew competition among his friends this weekend that he entered in to months ago.

It’s scary to think that I’m going to have to push out this bump shortly, but at the same time I’m so excited and can’t wait to meet her.

36 weeks and 6 days pregnant

36 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Check out that bulging vein in my hand!

Share Button

11 thoughts on “Baby Update at 36 Weeks

1. Oh Chickie, that sounds terrible :(
    All this discomfort must mean she’ll be here any minute! Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.
    xx

Chickie Little

Thanks Ela. I’ve managed a couple of good night’s sleeps so that’s a good start!

2. Although you sound uncomfortable, it will be so worth it! How very exciting, a little human for you and your husband. That is magical :)

Chickie Little

It’s so bizarre thinking there’s a little human being inside of me. It really is magical!

3. Has the midwife taken a guess at babies weight? Mine guessed 3kg and was only 0.050kg off, so not bad!

Chickie Little

No she hasn’t. Saw her today, she said it felt like a good size for me, but that’s all. I’ll ask next time.

4. Sometimes they don’t like to guess, but is fun to see how close they get. Are you all ready with names? We are having terrible trouble thinking of boys names!

5. ohmigod, you seriously look like you’re about to pop! its so trippy that there is a living, breathing being inside that belly of yours!

ps. at least your lucky enough to have an oven most of the time. i am without :(

Chickie Little

She also hiccups too!

Are you talking about a kitchen oven or a baby oven…?

6. Oh Chickie Little, I remember how uncomfortable those last few weeks of pregnancy were! Poor you! (Actually, most of pregnancy was painful for me … am not one of those women who are glowing and radiant during pregnancy). But it is also so exciting … basically you could have your little human at any time now! All the best … from another Mummy Blogger x