Fez is found!

We’ve found Fez!!

Someone called just after 6 this morning saying they spotted him down the road. He took off and was heading towards the bus tunnel (yikes) she said, but luckily didn’t go through it. The hubby picked him up after about 40 minutes of searching. He was pretty scared. In fact he was backing away when the hubby tried to approach him. But at least he’s unhurt. He’s back to normal puppy mode now and having a snooze after gorging on some dog food.

We have closed the basement door so he can’t get through that gap again. It’s usually closed but we had overlooked that yesterday. It’s hard owning a small dog because you underestimate the gaps they can fit through. I’ve put his collar back on with his name and our number written in permanent ink just in case.

Whew! He doesn’t know how much we have worried about him but he’s very happy to be home.

Now I can go back to worrying about when this baby is going to come!

Fez curled up, safely back at home

Fez curled up, safely back at home

Share Button

7 thoughts on “Fez is found!

1. I’m so happy you found him! I would go crazy with worry if my dog went missing. Glad he wasn’t gone for too long!

Chickie Little

We did go crazy with worry. I was so scared he’d been hit by a car and suffering. So lucky that the woman was at the bus stop that we had put up a poster and Fez was wandering down that road at the time!

2. What a relief. I was really thinking of you last night and it must have been so hard for you to get any sleep. Thank goodness he was found x

Chickie Little

Thanks Sarah. To be honest I got 5 hours sleep without getting up, compared to my usual 2-3. I thought it maybe was because Fez wasn’t in the room farting! Lol. It was probably because I was so exhausted from the worry, and the searching that night.

3. So glad!!! Oh my, you guys must’ve been so panicked and he must’ve been terrified. What a relief!
    We lost our cat once and he came back but it took well over a week, it was while I was planning our wedding reception.
    Gosh, why do they go missing when a big day is about the happen? Maybe they can sense something in the air and it makes them wonky…
    So, so, happy he’s home!

Chickie Little

It was our fault for leaving the basement door open – not a real basement, but the space under the house that has gaps. There just happened to be a hole that we hadn’t blocked off, and I guess when I went out he wanted to follow.