Abby is now seven months old! Wow, has time flown. I’m due back at work in three months – eek!!
At 30 weeks
- Went on her first plane trip to Auckland. Not so fun when she got tired and had her usual bedtime cry!
- Moves around in her walker in all directions. She only used to be able to roll backwards but she’s all go now.
- Moving onto lumpier solids – gradually.
- Sits up well and can rebalance herself most of the time.
- Can hold her water bottle by the handles and drink by herself in short bursts. She likes to chew on the teat and fling the bottle around though.
- Plays in the bath.
- Shakes her toys.
- Plays with Fez.
At 31 weeks
- Caught a cold – boo.
- Likes dropping things to watch them fall.
- Bangs her toys to make noise.
- Can “give you five”, but only down low.
- Noms on rusks.
- Sits and happily plays with the toys in her toy box. Still needs cushions around her because she likes to jerk backwards without warning and she has a flat-enough head as it is.
- “Chews” food with her gums.
- Has breakfast and lunch with mum at the table. Her dinner is earlier than ours though so she ends up watching us gobble our food while she has to make do with a rusk.
- First tooth requires brushing. Ridiculous task – how do you make a baby spit out toothpaste? She just eats it. I put water on the brush, lean Abby over the sink and hope gravity does most of the work.
At 32 weeks
- Over the worst of her cold, and just needs to blow her nose if only she knew how…
- Might be teething again as the red cheeks have reappeared.
- Has outgrown her 3-6 month clothes and mummy is sad to be putting them away.
- Zooms around in her walker – mind the Fez! (Sorry about the cellphone quality of the video.)