This is the delicious result of using stuff that needed using in the fridge and pantry.
Warm Sausage and Couscous Salad
- Make couscous according to packet. I used one cup which makes two serves. Use a large bowl that you can later add everything else to.
- Heat a frying pan and fry a teaspoon of taco seasoning for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Slice a couple of sausages and half a capsicum, add to pan and fry on high heat to get a nice caramelisation going.
- Chuck in some chopped baby bak choy (Shanghai) and cook until wilted. Other greens like broccoli, beans or asparagus would work too but you probably would want to blanch those first.
- Drain a can of chickpeas (or other beans), and rinse.
- Use a fork to fluff up cooked couscous, add in a tablespoon of chutney, then throw everything else in and combine.