Well, this post is more like A Few Weeks Wiser… I haven’t done one of these in a while and I’m going to cover a few things I’ve learnt over the last few weeks
- Wendy’s do the teeniest little frosty dairy desserts ever. Just look at how ridiculous the husband looks… then look at that tiny cup he’s drinking from.
- Speaking of food, we were told about Wellington’s best burgers were from a trailer in Lyall Bay. We tried them, and completely agree. The hot chips were delicious also, except they ran out of oil in their fryer the last time we went (sob). They’re open Thursday to Sunday, if people are keen. Be prepared to freeze in the southerlies there though!
- Furthermore, I found out that the Majestic Cuisine restaurant on Courtenay Place does durian mochi. No idea what I’m talking it? Google it. Durian fruit is definitely an acquired taste, and I have acquired it a long time ago. The husband on the other hand still thinks it smells of farts.
- The perigee “super moon” in May was an awesome sight. Even more awesome was the husband capturing it in a photo.
- There is a random Japanese garden in Te Kuiti. It’s right next to the roundabout where the sheep shearer sculpture is. We let the kids play there on a pit stop enroute to Auckland.
- Daycare is really expensive, especially when you have two kids. Anyway, I have to find a job first before I can really complain.
- Abby makes a really silly, but cute, super hero. Thanks Plunket for providing under 5s with costumes that are too big for even their mothers!
Leave a comment
1 Comment to A Week Wiser
Eggshell Green shop
Previously on Eggshell Green
accessories baby baking cake carpal tunnel children Christmas clothes cocktail comic cookie cupcake Cupcakes decorating design Fashion feet fez Foolery Four gangsta geek kids movie nerd ninja parenting parents pregnancy project 365 puppy recipe restaurant review scout's cupcakes shirt shopping shortland street Shortline Street summer sushi television toddler ultrasound unicorn Wellington